* Sandwich Buns
* 2 Potatoes (boiled & mashed)
* ½ cup of Chana Lentils (Chana Dal)
* ½ tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch) (or to taste)
* ½ tsp. of Salt
* 1 more tsp. of Salt
* ½ tsp. of Black Cumin Seeds (Kaala Zeera)
* ½ tsp. of White Cumin Seeds (Safaid Zeera)
* 1 Tomato (sliced)
* Cucumbers (peeled & sliced) (optional)
* 2 Egg Whites (stiffly beaten)
* Podina Chutney or Imli Chutney (or any to your preferance)
1. Boil & mash the potatoes and set aside. Boil the chana dal in water with ½ tsp. of salt. Boil until well soft. Strain the water from the dal. Then mash & mix the boiled dal with the mashed potatoes. Then make round kababs out of this mixture. Then dip the kababs in the beaten egg whites. Then shallow fry in oil.
2. Cut the buns in half and lightly heat in a little oil in a frying pan. Put chutney, salad leaves, kabab, cucumber and tomato slice. Top with bun and serve hot.